Ethical SEO - Paid Placement Optimization and Search Engine Optimization Specialist - Serving Sacramento CA and the World
Dramatically Improve Your Online Profits
Frequently Asked Questions
Expecting Immediate Results from Search Optimization
Why eBiz Boosters
Let's review some things about search and how they relate to your great new website.
1) Directory Name Servers are a distributed set of computers around the internet that translate a name (yourwebsite.com) to a specific host location. When the location is changed it takes 2-3 days to fully populate the information throughout the internet. So initially, even typing in your website name into the browser won't even work.
2) Search Engines do two things a) find your site pages and index them, b) decide when and where to show them when someone types in a search phrase.
Search engines today have spiders that go looking for new sites and new materials. With billions of webpages, it typically will take 30-60 days for them to find a new site. You may hear about submission services but these days they are a total ripoff and actually delay or hurt the process. With some SEO techniques though we should be able to have the search engines find your site within a week. You can check by typing in "site:yourwebsite.com" into the search term area. After indexing, if you have a unique business name and have done some SEO, you can usually find your website in the search results by typing in your business name with quotes around it. For the next few months, if you are concerned about your customers not seeing your website, we do offer a pay-per-click ad service where we can set ads up instantly on Google and 2-3 days for Yahoo &MSN where we can have your site show up first when someone types in your business name or other related terms.
3) Now for what really counts, the main search term we have optimized around on the home page. The long term goal is to get your site ranked in the top results for this term. As you know we have chosen titles carefully and also made some modifications to the home page text you can see. The other large factor is having important websites having a link or pointer to your website and what that pointer says. There are several factors but the ideal case is a pointer coming from a highly ranked site that is about your business type and the pointer text says "your keyword phrase" with your web address attached to it. Through Yahoo directory, business.com and some of the other sites, we will be adding these pointers over time. (search engines are very wise and if you add all the links at once they consider it artificial and discount all your efforts)
4) SEO is a long term process. Search engines respect history and give extra weight to long term sites. Reason being is otherwise anyone could create a site overnight and then instantly get themselves put into the top 10, thus spamming up the results with junky sites. Google in fact has what has been coined as the Google sandbox and they will not let sites near the top results for 6-8 months minimum. Other search engines are starting to do the same. This keeps people from creating a bunch of 2-3 page websites hoping one will make it to the top.
5) Your website should have enough good links that it will eventually rise in the rankings for your keyword term. In the shorter run, either your business name should work as a search phrase soon or you can use the inexpensive paid ads as a guarantee. We also offer SEO maintenance plans that work on the text that shows up in the search results, provide ranking reports, and continue to add quality links.
In short, your new website address should populate througout the internet name servers within a few days, the new site should be indexed by the search engines usually within a week, and the clock for the long wait for the site to rise in the rankings, begins.
We hope this helps and share your frustration on not seeing instant results. We would love that kind of feedback to our work! Unfortunately, with intense competition, everything gets abused and so the ranking criteria is not published, very complicated, and results slowed down on purpose to keep order in the system.
As discussed in other parts of our site, pay-per-click is an excellent method to fill in the time gap while waiting for your site to rise in the rankings. Even after that occurs, many times you can still do pay-per-click very inexpensively for fringe terms your site doesn't rank for.